Sunday, August 23, 2009

Project Runway: Where have I seen that before?

Qristyl Frazier and Ari Fish were both put on the chopping block on the first episode of this season's Project Runway, and Ari Fish was sent home. Even though they were both critisized for their lack of taste, I had a feeling I'd seen it all before. Though their dresses were executed poorly, the following images show that the same design elements can be used in good taste.


Qristal Frazier's dress uses the same idea as this dress (inspired by Infrared satellite images) that I found on Threadsmagazine.com. The designer is Davia Rabinoff-Goldman and she pulls off this look and makes it something special.


Ari Fish's soccerball/space cadet look is certainly lacking taste, but how about this classy soccerball-inspired Louis Vuitton monogramed handbag from the FW2009 collection?

Tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment